Windsoul Studio 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
A Spiritual Approach to Yoga
At Windsoul Studio, we believe that yoga is far more than a physical practice. Yoga is a spiritual journey. Along this journey, you will be challenged to look within, to recognize your energetic and emotional blocks, attachments and aversions, and to become open to the concepts of self-healing and spiritual evolution. You may even come to question much of what you believed to be true about yourself.
If you are looking to deepen your existing yoga practice, or if the path of yoga is calling you to lead others, we invite you to go beyond physical exercise into the deeper realms of yoga. Join our 200hr Yoga Teacher Training to learn an integrated approach to working directly with the body’s subtle energies for physical healing, spiritual growth, emotional balance, and overall wellness.
Go Deeper into Your Practice
The 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training at Windsoul Studio places great emphasis on a combined knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body, and how it closely ties to the chakra energy centers and the many layers of the auric body. As humans, anatomically, we are all like snowflakes. We are each made from muscle and bone, formed in a similar way, and yet no two of us are exactly the same. This concept also extends to our energetic or emotional body. The subtle differences in our physical make-up combined with the dramatic differences in our life experiences; cause each of us to hold our tensions and emotions differently within our physical body. These factors have dramatic effect on how we each move and feel within a yoga pose. Throughout our 200-Hour YTT, you will learn to both teach and practice more effectively through a solid understanding of the human anatomy combined with a practical knowledge of a broad spectrum of yoga techniques, including:
• The components and function of the 11 major organ systems of the body, and the various yoga and meditation practices that benefit each of these systems.
• In depth review and exploration of the human skeletal system, understanding how to recognize the difference between skeletal and joint structural limitation versus muscular tension or injury.
• Asanas (yoga postures), broken down to proper anatomical alignment and physiological benefit, as well as the energetic impact of each asana within the chakra system to create balance physically and energetically.
• Modifications and adjustments for various asanas, and how to recognize the need for modification.
• Classical pranayama (yoga breathing techniques), exploring a variety of techniques, understanding both the physical and spiritual benefits.
• Guided meditation and the impact of meditation upon the sympathetic and parasympathic nervous systems. Understanding how to organize and lead a meditation to provide the best physiological or spiritual benefit.
• Experience in-depth learning, discussion and practice of the Eight Limbs of Yoga and how the acceptance of these principles in our lives brings us from just a physical asana practice into a lifestyle of yoga.
• Learn the history and philosophy of yoga, including review and discussion of Patanjali and the Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, and other philosophic principles.
• Introductions to Ayurveda (the ancient science of healing), various forms of energetic healing, crystals, chanting, mantras and mudras.
Become a Dynamic Teacher
• Practice teaching styles for groups, as well as one-to-one sessions.
• Learn how to adjust your teaching and approach for various settings, venues or clientele.
• Receive guidance for refining your teaching to work with special populations, such as elderly, disabled, children or prenatal.
• Experience how to plan a class, including proper structure and sequence, and how to find your own teaching style, music, etc.
• Learn the many aspects of yoga as a business, from teaching community or corporate classes to running a studio.
Find Your Inner Light
• Gain a deeper understanding of own physical and energetic being.
• Open yourself to the connection of the mind, body and spirit, and how this can help us better heal and cope with stress and challenge.
• Embrace the power to attract and manifest the lifestyle that you desire.
• Connect with your own higher self to create the most ideal direction for your life.
Course Breakdown and Instruction:
The YTT program at Windsoul Studio is Yoga Alliance® Accredited and structured according to the Yoga Alliance® 200-Hour Standards for Yoga Teacher Training. As a trainee in this program, you can expect the following:
- 100 hours of Techniques, Training and Practice
- 35 hours of Teaching Methodology
- 30 hours of Anatomy and Physiology (Physical and Energy Body)
- 30 hours of Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- 10 hours of Practicum
The lead instructor for this program is Gail Lachs, owner of Windsoul Studio Yoga and Healing Arts Center. Gail is a certified medical laboratory scientist, with many years of experience in the fields of diagnostic microbiology, hematology and clinical chemistry. This was followed with over 12 years as a technical support/sales director in the biotech and pharmaceutical industry, working with many of the leading teams in scientific research. Gail’s passion for science and medicine also lead her to a position teaching Anatomy and Physiology in the laboratories at the University of Massachusetts, while receiving her 200-hour yoga teacher certification. It was during this time teaching where she began to meld her passion for yoga with her enthusiasm for teaching others how to better understand their own body and ways to improve their health and well-being through the practices of yoga, meditation and energy healing. Gail is a Usui Reiki master and a natural clairvoyant spiritual medium. As an instructor, she puts as much emphasis on proper alignment and the importance of combining movement with breath to improve one’s overall strength, flexibility and immunity, as she does on the importance of harnessing this meditative practice as an energetic tool for self-healing for the body, mind and soul. Gail has been teaching yoga since 2007, and received her Teacher Apprentice Certification with the internationally recognized YogaKids team in 2011. With two children of her own, she enjoys sharing the art of yoga and meditation with children just as much as adults.
Guest Instructors for this Program include:
Gail Boorstein Grossman: Gail’s father took her to learn how to meditate at the age of 10 because she was having some difficulty sleeping. Who knew that this glimpse of peace and self-knowledge would echo so powerfully later in her life! Discovering yoga as an adult was a life altering love affair.
Gail Grossman E-RYT 500, CYKT, author of the Yoga Journal book Restorative Yoga for Life, just can’t keep her good fortunes to herself. When she discovered yoga, she immediately knew she had to share it with others. Gail opened Om Sweet Om Yoga in 2004, which has been a dream come true, as she has been able to bring this practice to so many wonderful people, both young and old(er). Her students describe her as very nurturing teacher who can quietly touch every muscle in their physical and emotional body, which leaves them feeling relaxed, grounded and happy.
Gail was certified by YogaKids with Marsha Wenig in 2000, and has since become a trainer for YogaKids, teaching other adults how to teach yoga to children. In 2001 she received her certification from BeYoga with Alan Finger. In 2004 she completed her level one Relax and Renew Restorative Yoga Training with Judith Lasater, and in 2013 she completed her advanced training. She has continued to feed her ever-curious soul by continuing her training with other remarkable teachers, such as Shiva Rea, Brian Kest, Erich Schiffman, Gabriel Halpern, Kofi Busia and Leslie Howard and Leslie Kaminoff. After many years of studying, and learning, Gail finally took the time to do her 500-hour training, and completed it with Cora Wen in October of 2013, focusing on yoga therapeutics. Ultimately, Gail is guided by her inner-teacher, the truest voice she will ever know. Through her yoga, she encourages her students to tap into their own wellspring of truth and peace. In November of 2014 Gail’s book Restorative Yoga for Life was published. Thus continuing Gail’s desire to share what she loves with as many people as she can touch.
Robert Sidoti: Rob is the creator and co-founder of Broga Yoga, a certified yoga instructor, and personal trainer. He has created Broga with a simple goal: To bring the benefits of yoga to more men.
Broga represents the culmination of Robert’s vast expertise as a health and fitness professional and the attainment of his goal to create an optimal, and balanced, fitness program. With his personality, commitment to promoting men’s health, and deep love of yoga, Robert’s Broga class is energetic, fun, challenging, and mildly addictive. He is a passionate, innovative and skilled teacher.
Robert has received certifications through the National Academy of Sports Medicine, ’Yoga for Athletic Peak Performance’ with Swami Sitaramananda at the Sivananda Vendanta Centre, Karma Kids NYC, and 200hr RYT with Kira Ryder, founder of Lulubandhas and the Ojai Yoga Crib.
When not running Broga Instructor Training courses, annual retreats at Kripalu Institute and elsewhere, or leading classes at national events such as Yoga Reaches Out, Robert resides on the island of Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts.
Cornelia Dinca: A member of the Windsoul Teaching Staff, Cornelia discovered the joy of practicing yoga in the summer of 2004 while living in Michigan. Later, Cornelia found out how much she loved teaching yoga and this led her down a path towards her certifications.
Cornelia has completed a number of Training Programs in Hatha Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Chakra Yoga, Restorative Yoga and many other workshops on different yoga styles. As a registered yoga teacher with the Yoga Alliance, she is very thankful to have been able to study with wonderful teachers, such as Shiva Rea, Sean Corn, Natasha Rizopoulos, David Swenson, Dominic Corigliano and Rolf Gates, and aspires to become a reflection of their teachings. At present she teaches beginner classes in the style of Hatha and all levels Vinyasa Yoga emphasizing the unity of body, mind and spirit created through pranayama, asana and meditation.
Yoga Teacher Training Dates and Schedule
Saturdays 9:00AM-6:00PM & Sundays 9:00AM – 5:30PM
September 16 & 17, 2017
October 21 & 22, 2017
November 18 & 19, 2017
December 16 & 17, 2017
January 20 & 21, 2018
February 10 & 11, 2018
March 10 & 11, 2018
March 24 & 25, 2018
April 21 & 22, 2018
May 19 & 20, 2018
June 23 & 24, 2018
A make-up date has been scheduled for May 5 & 6, 2018. This will allow anyone who has missed contact hours to make up that time, or provide additional contact hours for those who would like them.
Registration Fees and Discounts
Total Course Cost: $2,850.00
NOTE: Enrollment in this program includes 10-months of free unlimited classes at Windsoul Studio. If you are an active studio member enrolling, your current membership billing and/or expiration will be suspended during those 10-months.
Early Bird Special: Sign up by July 31, 2017 to receive $300 discount.
Easy Payment Plan: A $450 deposit will reserve your space in the program, followed by eight monthly payments of $300 beginning in September. Enroll here: 200 Hour (YTT) Yoga Teacher Training – Payment Plan
Pay-in-Full Option: Pay your full program costs upfront and receive a $100 discount. Enroll here: 200 Hour (YTT) Yoga Teacher Training – One Time Payment